You will thank us for this delicious lemon bread recipe!
Lemon Bread 1/2 cup butter softened (this is one stick of butter) 2 eggs 1 cup of coconut sugar 1 1/2 cups flour unbleached, all-purpose 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Lemon Glaze 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, eggs, and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. In a smaller bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk to evenly distribute salt and baking powder.
4. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, along with the milk and lemon zest. Fold to evenly incorporate batter.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the lemon loaf comes out clean.
6. While lemon bread is baking, whisk together lemon juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved (it may help to warm up your lemon juice before whisking with sugar.)
7. After baking, leave your lemon bread in a loaf pan and poke holes halfway to the bottom of the pan evenly along the top of the bread. Pour glaze over lemon bread.
8. Let sit in the loaf pan for 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
9. Lemon bread will keep in a sealed container for 3 days at room temperature and for 5 days if refrigerated.